Happy Birthday, Tim Buckley!
Today we're celebrating the birthday of Tim Buckley.
5 facts you may not know about Buckley:
1. At age 13, Buckley took banjo lessons and formed a folk group with friend Dan Gordon.
2. During his time attending Buena Vista High School, he was elected to numerous offices, played on the baseball team and quarterbacked the football team.
3. While playing on the football team, Buckley broke the first two fingers on his left hand. They were permanently damaged. He later said that the injury prevented him from playing barre chords.
4. In 1965, Buckley could be found playing the Monday night hootenannies at the famed Troubadour in Los Angeles which is still rockin' today on Santa Monica Boulevard.
5. His track "Song To The Siren" was later covered by This Mortal Coil, Robert Plant, John Frusciante, and Bryan Ferry.
Here is a clip of the "STARSAILOR" himself performing his most well known single "Song to the Siren":