Hot Wax: Genesis
You already know that it’s Rocktober – or if you don’t, then you haven’t been paying enough attention, because it seems like it’s practically all we talk about lately! – but just in case you thought that Rhino was planning to limit its new releases to Tuesdays this month, think again! Indeed, tomorrow’s going to be a particularly good day for Genesis fans, because we’re going to be reissuing five of the legendary band’s albums on vinyl.
Which five albums? Glad you asked, because we’ve already got the list ready, along with a reminder of which songs you might recall from each of the LPs:
- THE LAMB LIES DOWN ON BROADWAY, featuring “Counting Out Time” and “The Carpet Crawlers”
- GENESIS, featuring “Mama,” “That’s All,” “Home By the Sea,” “Illegal Alien,” and “Taking It All Too Hard”
- INVISIBLE TOUCH, featuring the title track, “Throwing It All Away,” “In Too Deep,” “Land of Confusion,” and “Tonight, Tonight, Tonight”
- WE CAN’T DANCE, featuring “No Son of Mine,” “I Can’t Dance,” “Hold on My Heart,” “Jesus He Knows Me,” and “Never a Time”
- CALLING ALL STATIONS, featuring “Congo,” “Shipwrecked,” and “Not About Us”
Yes, that’ last one was, in fact, the last Genesis album, not to mention the only album by the band to feature Ray Wilson as the band’s lead singer. If you’d forgotten all about it, then now’s a perfect time to remind yourself…and, of course, it’s never a bad time to revisit any of these other classic LPs, either! They’ll all be available tomorrow, so count your pennies and prepare to pick ‘em up!
For more information, click the buttons below: