SPINNING GOLD Soundtrack Reimagines Casablanca Records Classics
The larger-than-life story of Casablanca Records, the most successful independent record company of all time, and its creator Neil Bogart is coming to the big screen in the new motion picture, Spinning Gold, which premieres in theaters nationwide on March 31. Watch the brand new trailer below.
Spinning Gold follows the musical journey of Bogart, one of the music industry’s most colorful and brilliant music producers, who helped create the soundtrack that defined a generation by transforming Donna Summer, Gladys Knight, The Isley Brothers, Bill Withers, Parliament, and Kiss into superstars.
Written, directed, and produced by Timothy Scott Bogart, Spinning Gold features some of today’s hottest music stars playing the artist who inspired them and singing their most popular songs. The all-star cast includes Grammy and Golden Globe nominee Wiz Khalifa as George Clinton, Jason Derulo as Ron Isley, Pink Sweat$ as Bill Withers, Grammy Award nominee Tayla Parx as Donna Summer, multi-Grammy winner Ledisi as Gladys Knight, and Grammy and Tony Award nominee Jeremy Jordan as Neil Bogart.
Atlantic Records will release the film’s soundtrack digitally on March 31 as the film debuts in theaters. It features the cast covering classics like “Bad Girls,” “Ain’t No Sunshine,” “Midnight Train To Georgia,” “Give Up The Funk (Tear The Roof Off The Sucker),” and “Beth.” The collection also includes two original songs from the film, “Cherry On Top” and “Greatest Time (Spinning Gold),” both written by soundtrack co-writer/producer Evan “Kidd” Bogart, who also serves as Executive Producer and Executive Music Producer of the film, alongside Harvey Mason Jr. Bogart also composed the original score for the film with his longtime collaborator Justin Gray.
A new track will debut digitally each Friday leading up to the soundtrack’s release. Fans will get their first taste this Friday, March 3, when Pink Sweat$’s cover of the Bill Withers classic “Ain’t No Sunshine” will be released.
In addition to the film and soundtrack, fans in the U.S. and Canada will have a chance to sing their way to stardom with the Spinning Gold x Singing Gold Cover Nation Contest. Cover Nation – the largest community of cover creators and fans on social media – is inviting fans to create cover videos for one of the eligible songs and upload it to YouTube, TikTok, or Instagram. The grand prize winner will win a trip for two to Los Angeles to spend a day at Atlantic Records' recording studio, with full production support, vocal coaching, a new wardrobe from Poshmark, and more. The contest launched today and runs through April 10. Click HERE for more details.
A special gold-vinyl version of the soundtrack will be available exclusively at select independent music retailers on April 22 for Record Store Day 2023. The album will be limited to 3,500 copies for $27.98.
SPINNING GOLD – MUSIC FROM THE MOTION PICTURE
1. “It’s Your Thing” – Performed by Jason Derulo
2. “Give Up The Funk (Tear The Roof Off The Sucker)” – Performed by Wiz Khalifa
3. “Shout It Out Loud” – Performed by Sam Harris and Casey Likes
4. “Bad Girls” – Performed by Tayla Parx
5. “Midnight Train To Georgia” – Performed by Ledisi
6. “Ain’t No Sunshine” – Performed by Pink Sweat$
7. “Love To Love You Baby” – Performed by Tayla Parx
8. “Rock And Roll All Nite” – Performed by Sam Harris and Casey Likes
9. “Cherry On Top” - Performed by Jeremy Jordan
10. “One Toke Over The Line” – Performed by Alec Benjamin
11. “Lean On Me” – Performed by Pink Sweat$
12. “Dim All The Lights” – Performed by Tayla Parx
13. “Mothership Connection” – Performed by Wiz Khalifa
14. “Ooh Child” – Performed by Trevis Romell Harris
15. “Oh Happy Day” – Performed by Jeremy Jordan
16. “Who Is He (And What Is He To You)” – Performed by Pink Sweat$
17. “Beth” – Performed by Alex Gaskarth
18. “Last Dance” – Performed by Jeremy Jordan and Tayla Parx
19. “Greatest Time (Spinning Gold)” – Performed by Jeremy Jordan and Cast