Back to the ‘80s
While we continue to wait for scientists to crack the nut that is time travel, there’s still a way that we can be transported through the mists of time to the 1980s, and that’s through the power of music. You may recall already reading that opening line a few times this month, but that’s as close to time travel as we can come…except for this: Rhino is sending consumers back to the ’80s with their appropriately-titled new vinyl reissue campaign, “Back to the ‘80s,” and it continues this week with five more limited-edition reissues on 140-gram vinyl. Here are the five titles in question, each listed with the various details about their reissue, including what color the vinyl will be and how many copies of each will be pressed, and we’ve also included a video for a song from each of the LPs, just as a reminder of what you’re in store for.
• Gang of Four, A BRIEF HISTORY OF THE TWENTIETH CENTURY: 2-LP clear colored vinyl; Limited edition of 2,500 copies, $26.98
• The Time, ICE CREAM CASTLE: 1-LP pink, white, and brown “Neapolitan” vinyl; Limited edition of 4,400 copies, $19.98
• Various Artists, NEW WAVE HITS: 1-LP 140-gram marble “blue/red swirl” colored vinyl; Limited edition of 4,600 copies, $17.98
• Various Artists, NOT GOOD FOR YOUR HEALTH: PUNK NUGGETS 1972-1984: 2-LP; 140-gram colored vinyl Limited edition of 5,150 copies, $29.98
• Richard Hell and the Voidoids, BLANK GENERATION: 1-LP orange and black “ink spot” vinyl; Limited edition of 1,850 copies, $19.98